GADASC

Monday, February 9, 2009

Things Are Looking Up!

Joel is keeping occupied at work, while I am anxiously awaiting news about Molson. Finally, in the late morning the vet calls me. She tells me that Molson's alertness has steadily increased overnight! He pooed in the cage in the middle of the night, smeared it all over his cage, and got some on his iv. They had to remove this to prevent any secondary infections. He is now chewing on the metal cage, so she is worried about his safety. In some twisted little way all of this destruction is the best news I've heard all week! Bring it on here at my home!

Again, Elena accompanies me to go for the pick up. I don't know what I would have done without everyone's help,especially hers. I go inside to settle the bill, which ends up being a small relief as well. Instead of paying out the high estimate of $1200 plus, I "only" have to pay about $600 because of the one night stay. They bring out Molson who does not seem too sure about coming back with me, but he doesn't fight it.

Returning to Elena and Guinness in the car was a tv commercial ad moment. The two brothers kissed eachother to no end, and cuddled all the way home. The best part was that they were now both vomit and diarrhea free.

We settled them into the house where they caught up on a lot of sleeping. They stayed together at all times. We sat there hoping that there would not be any after effects from the stress and trauma. Although I realized puppies needed a lot of sleep, I was always on the edge of my seat wondering if they would get sick again. There was also the risk of either of them getting a secondary infection from a low white blood cell count. We crossed our fingers....

Now I finally had the chance and composure to contact GADASC to let her know what had happened. Little did I know what I was getting into!

No comments:

Post a Comment